|Who is the Newton Cultural Alliance (NCA)
The NCA is a consortium of Newton-based non-profit arts and cultural organizations dedicated to improving the quality of life in Newton through programming and collaborative work promoting arts and culture in Newton.
There are three prongs to NCA's goals:
Advocacy and awareness – Economic development – Facilities
NCA seeks to build awareness of the richness in cultural activity that exists in Newton and the potential for even greater activity. The resources of the city are diverse and widespread.
- Build public awareness through branding, a comprehensive web site and a cultural calendar to include the multitude of cultural opportunities and venues.
- Seek economic stimulus and development for the City of Newton through cultural tourism and development of arts and cultural partnerships with the business community of the area.
- Consider and develop a short/medium term as well as a long-term plan for shared cultural facility(ies) to house offices, classrooms, rehearsal and teaching spaces and ultimately performance space.
Vision & Mission
The Newton Cultural Alliance is a coalition of non-profit cultural organizations whose mission is to promote,
sustain and enhance Culture in Newton in service to the community. The NCA has been created to actively
promote concepts and ideas of culture and arts for the City of Newton and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The NCA is designed as a resource for the entire community to inspire, educate and bring together audiences and
artists to celebrate the arts and enrich the cultural life in Newton. It serves as a gathering place for the community
at large and cultivates the creation and continuance of youth programs and opportunities for multi-generational
interaction designed to broaden social skills and knowledge in the cultural arts. The NCA assists and supports non-
profit organizations that sponsor programs that further these purposes and encourages and promotes culture and arts
within the various villages of the City of Newton. The collective efforts of the organizations living, breathing and working as part of the NCA will bring broad and diverse constituencies to the City of Newton. The strength and challenge of the NCA revolve around this collaborative effort of several small non-profit cultural groups. Collectively, the NCA members reach an estimated 60,000 patrons annual for their programs, concerts, festivals and workshops.
- To actively promote concepts and ideas of culture and arts for the improvement and quality of the environment
within the various villages, within the geographical area of the City of Newton and the Commonwealth of
- To assist and support non-profit organizations that sponsor programs that further these purposes
- To encourage and promote culture and arts within the various villages of the City of Newton
- To foster the creation and or continuance of youth programs designed to broaden social skills and knowledge in the culture and arts, and to foster opportunities for multi-generational interaction through culture and arts
- To receive gifts of property, both real and personal, and to raise funds from private and public sources to implement the above goals and to establish a reserve fund from which earning and or principal may be
withdrawn to promote these goals