5 Things To Do This Week – 08/30/23
Newton Cultural Alliance | Highlights Arts & Culture | Things To Do |
*Take a tour of The Suzuki School of Newton, now enrolling for its art-integrated Suzuki Preschool. The Suzuki Preschool of Newton is a non-profit community school focused on providing an environment rich in activities and experiences to encourage emerging development in all areas of growth. Find out more and sign up for a tour here.
*Historic Newton celebrates the end of summer on Friday, September 1st at 1:00 p.m. with an afternoon of Colonial-era Games. Toss and catch graces, race hoops, skip through hopscotches, and craft a whirligig. All ages are welcome. This program is free with museum admission. More information about Historic Newton Community Hours and Events is here.
*Come to Newton City Hall for the Uncommon Education Exhibit and Reception on Friday, September 6th from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm. Historic Newton’s exhibit chronicles the West Newton English and Classical High School, also known as the Allen School, a progressive educational experiment in the 19th century. Meet those who created the exhibit and a documentary film about the school to be released on October 21. Light refreshments will be served. More information about an Uncommon Education exhibition is here.
*Audition for one of NCA’s member organizations. Sing in a choir or Play in a local orchestra. The listings are as follows:
- Commonwealth Chorale seeks choral singers of all voice types with strong vocal and sight-reading skills. Tuesday, September 5th & 12th. “Sing with us here”.
- Highland Glee Club welcomes you to audition for the choir on Tuesday, September 12th & 19th. Sign up or attend an open rehearsal.
- Newton Community Chorus’s “No-Sweat” Auditions will be held Sept. 11, 18 & 25. Want To Sing With Us? Check out the link here.
- The New Phil Orchestra will continue auditioning on September 7th by appointment only. Fill out an application here.
- Zamir Chorale of Boston will be holding auditions on Thursday, September 21st. Sign-up info can be found here.