- This event has passed.
Newton Nomadic Theater presents Romeo & Juliet & Juliet & Juliet
June 11 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 3:00 pm, repeating indefinitely
It’s one part scavenger hunt, one part hike, and three parts Juliet at the Hidden Shakespeare Theater.
The Newton Nomadic Theater has teamed up with Shakespeare for the Masses, a theater troupe from Martha’s Vineyard that presents fast fun and wacky adaptations of Shakespeare plays. Romeo & Juliet & Juliet & Juliet will feature Matt Winberg as Romeo and the rest of the cast as Juliets (Sara Morrisette, Marie Jackson, Abigail Dickson and Slava Tchoul) with Nicole Galland as the narrator. This raucous reworking of the classic story is a great show for the whole family.
It will be your job though to find the Hidden Shakespeare Theater. Here’s how it will work.
* We will present two performances on Saturday June 11 at 1 PM and 3 PM (rain date Sunday June 12)
- Tickets are required but they are FREE!. We’ll limit the audience at each performance to 50 people
- You will be outside for approximately two hours so dress accordingly
- You must be prepared to walk slightly over a mile as you search for the theater, So wear sensible shoes
- The location of the theater will remain a secret. The day before the show we will email all ticket holders with a starting location they should go to at the appointed time. At that location, a representative from the theater will give them the first clue for their hunt for the theater. Follow the clues, find the theater, and see the show. Don’t worry, if you go astray we’ll be watching out for you and make sure you get there in time for the start of the show.
These two free Hidden Shakespeare Theater performances are brought to you courtesy of generous grants from the Village Bank and Newton Community Pride. Thank you to both !!!