Breath of Spring
Explore the beauty of art and music across Newton as we all come alive after a long hiatus from sharing our creativity across the city!
The Newton Cultural Alliance and its member organizations will be hosting a multitude of creative opportunities throughout April and May, dedicated to rebuilding our spirits.
Here are a few events to encourage us all to take a deep breath!
April 22 & 23, 7:30 pm Newton Nomadic Theater White Rabbit Red Rabbit. Allen Center
- April 23, 3 pm, Highland Glee Club. "All's Fair: Songs of Love & War for Men's Voices" City Hall
- April 24, 12-3 pm Newton Art Association exhibit “Art of Healing” exhibit Open House. Allen Center
- April 30, 7:30 pm, Music for Food fundraiser. Allen Center
- May 1, afternoon, hands-on art-making and exhibit with Tova Speter. Allen Center
- May 1, 3 pm, Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra – Gentle sounds of Ravel, Bernstein & Mendelssohn. FBC
- May 7, 2 – 6 pm, Suzuki School – multicultural festival sharing music from across the globe
- May 7, 3 pm, Duo Amie Benefit concert for Shelter Music Boston Allen Center.
- May 8, 12-3 pm, Newton Art Association"Art of Healing" closing reception.
- May 14/15 Cappella Clausura – to feed your soul - “Psalms & Requiems”
- May 21-22, 11 – 5 pm, Newton Open Studios – all over town including Allen Center
- May 22. 3pm, New Philharmonia – Music for May: Saint-Saëns & Brahms. Brown Middle School
- May 26, 7:30 pm, Zamir Chorale. “A Better World”. Temple Emanuel
- June 3 – 5. Newton Theater Company & Cappella Clausura “Iphigenia Among the Taurians”